Enhancing the social, cultural and economic qualities of our communities.
We believe that our commitment to socially responsible practices sets us apart. As we embrace sustainability and innovation in our business, we also strive to have a positive impact on the immediate societies where our global operations are located. By uniting our employees in this common cause, Emery Oleochemicals’ operations in each region have identified relevant stakeholders, depending upon the needs of the local community, to support initiatives, charities and organizations that are as diverse as our people.
While practicing management styles synonymous with corporate social responsibility, we contribute to the realisation of a sustainable society through various initiatives, charities and organizations, including, but not limited to, the following:
Some 40 secondary school students are beneficiaries of Emery Oleochemicals’ Adopt-a-Class’ programme that has been held since 2010. The initiative is in aid of students who have slower learning abilities, come from financially difficult circumstances or are challenged by other socio-economic issues. Students of the “Emery Class” also undergo leadership and motivation camps, extra classes and workshops on studying techniques that have enabled these teenagers to improve on their performance and development in and out of the classroom.
- Internship and scholarship programme for youths from neighbouring schools and universities.
- Since 2011, we have been Growing social and vocational skills through specially developed programmes.
- Girls’ Day to promote career opportunities in the field of sciences, amongst women.
- Ronald Mc Donald House: Over the last 6 years, Emery Oleochemicals LLC has contributed to the building and management of an "Emery Family Room" as part of the association’s effort to provide a "home-away-from-home" for families so they can stay close by their hospitalised child at little or no cost. Other initiatives include fundraising at the Red Tie Gala and Charity Golf.
- St. Joseph Orphanage: Between 50 and 75 employees bring in Christmas gifts for the children above and beyond the company's donations, allowing all of the children to receive during this festive season. An employee initiative that we are proud to be doing for over 10 years.
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden: Recognised as the second oldest Zoo in the United States, some 1.2 million people visit the Zoo annually. Through a partnership that began in 2009, we partake in an annual sponsorship designed to better support the welfare of the Asian Elephant, Malayan Tiger and Sumatran Rhino as part of our efforts in biodiversity preservation.