EMEROX® Azelaic Acid: The Preferred Alternative to Sebacic Acid
CINCINNATI, OH (Feb. 15, 2017) – Emery Oleochemicals, a global specialty chemical manufacturer, announces its EMEROX® Azelaic Acid as an alternative to sebacic acid.
EMEROX® Azelaic Acid can be used as an intermediate reactant or directly in formulated products. It is the preferred choice for a broad range of applications including:
- low temperature and polymeric plasticizers,
- nylon and fibers,
- polyamide hot melts,
- polyester films and adhesives,
- urethane elastomers,
- ester-based synthetic lubricants,
- lithium complex greases, and
- corrosion inhibitors for water-based metalworking fluids and engine coolants.
Emery Oleochemicals offers various grades of EMEROX® Azelaic Acid which provide the following benefits to end-product formulators relative to sebacic acid:
- lower melting point which reduces processing time and cost,
- excellent flexibility,
- improved polymer low-temperature impact strength without sacrificing high temperature performance,
- excellent hydrolysis resistance,
- low water absorption,
- high impact resistance,
- improved solubility characteristics,
- lower pour point of esters which improves cold temperature flow, and
- lower molecular weight which produces more ester per pound of acid.
With manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, Emery Oleochemicals is backward-integrated, ensuring security of supply for EMEROX® Azelaic Acid. Emery offers a sustainable solution with its use of renewable raw materials as feedstock and green chemistries. Emery Oleochemicals is committed to being your preferred partner for EMEROX® Azelaic Acid as an effective alternative to sebacic acid.
To find out more about Emery Oleochemicals′ EMEROX® Azelaic Acid product offering for plastics and lubricants applications, visit the company′s related product sections:
Green Polymer Additives: http://greenpolymeradditives.emeryoleo.com/additives/