Emery Oleochemicals to Launch New LOXIOL Metal Filament Product Portfolio at Formnext 2022
Düsseldorf, Germany (November 14, 2022) - Emery Oleochemicals is pleased to announce the launch of its new LOXIOL metal filament products which will be showcased at the Formnext 2022 exhibition and conference taking place in Frankfurt am Main, Germany from November 15 - 18, 2022.
Visit Emery Oleochemicals’ business team in Hall 12.1 Booth F30 at Formnext to discover the performance and cost advantages of this new product line.
While Emery Oleochemicals’ binder system has been used in metal injection molding (MIM) for more than 30 years, it has found its way into the 3D printing market for several years already as well. These new LOXIOL metal filament products expand the company’s offerings to the additive manufacturing market for fused filament fabrication (FFF).
Advantages of Metal Fused Filament Fabrication
- Complicated powder management is completely eliminated ➔ High safety aspect for your employees
- 100 percent powder is converted to the final part (with support structures to be recycled)➔ Sustainability!
- FFF is the most established 3D printing technology ➔ quick and cost-efficient part production
- Hollow parts possible, especially closed hollow parts ➔ Design freedom
- Significantly lower investment compared to other metal additive manufacturing processes ➔ Complementary to MIM
- All sinterable powders possible ➔ Unlimited materials
LOXIOL Metal Filaments Portfolio & Market Applications
Emery’s new LOXIOL metal filaments portfolio is comprised of 5 materials; each will be available in diameters of 1.75mm and 2.85mm:
- LOXIOL 316L
- The parts exhibit high corrosion resistance, toughness, ductility, as well as high acid resistance. This combination is ideal for a wide range of applications in aerospace, automotive, energy, jewelry, medical, shipbuilding and many other industries.
- LOXIOL 17-4PH
- The components made of LOXIOL 17-4PH material have high corrosion resistance combined with high strength. This combination is ideal for medical applications such as surgical instruments.
- LOXIOL 718
- The nickel chromium alloy is suitable for use with high temperatures and corrosive conditions. Components manufactured using LOXIOL 718 have good tensile, fatigue, creep and fracture strength at temperatures up to 700°C, making them ideal for many high temperature applications such as gas turbine parts, medical instruments or parts for the power and process industries.
- LOXIOL Copper
- This high-purity copper offers good electrical and thermal conductivity, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- LOXIOL Ti6Al4V
- TI6Al4V is a well-known light alloy, which is characterized by excellent mechanical properties and corrosion resistance combined with low weight and biocompatibility.
To learn more about Emery Oleochemicals’ new LOXIOL Metal Filament product line, visit us in Hall 12.1 Booth F30 at Formnext 2022 or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org .